WHAT WAS HE??

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Other Jewish Religious Topics: WHAT WAS HE??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

HAIM (Life)

Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 04:38 pm Click here to edit this post
Was the Shitah Mekubetzet a Sefardi or Ashkenazi? I know his name was Rav Betzalel Ashkenazi and that he was a learning mate of the Ari Hakadosh, Rav Yitzhak Luria Ashkenazi. They were in Egypt and were the students of the Radbaz who was a Sefardi. The Ari Hakadosh was born to an Ashkenazi father and Sefardi mother, and he moved to Egypt at the age of 8 when his father died and there he accepted mostly Sefardic customs.
Todah Rabah,
Ohev Haim

bob joe (Bob)

Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 02:28 pm Click here to edit this post
hi im not jewish and its my 1st time here in this forum and i would like to ask many questions about jewsih and their beleifs and what about their attitude towrad other religion in the real mean of sense without any glossing over.
I want to know jewish poeple oustide Israel what do they think about the conflict with arabs and especially palestinians....
hope to hear from u ladies and gentelmen

david (Dave)

Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 04:12 pm Click here to edit this post
Bob...The palestinian-Israeli conflict is one that is very disturbing. When watching how some media sources, such as the BBC or CNN, report the news, one would think the IDF goes out on a daily basis knocking on the homes of innocent palestinians and then randomly shooting and killing people, when in fact there is a lot more to it. Unfortunately, the palestinian terrorists use women and children as shields. They have teenagers shooting at Israeli soldiers. They teach their children to hate. They teach them that being a homicide bomber is glorious before g-d. They brainwash thousands of people who all want to become martyrs. Their leadership is corrupt and dangerous. They have terrorist groups such as Fatah, Hamas , Jihad, and many others who with out the presence of the IDF ( and lets not forget the almighty one blessed be he), would be commiting hundreds of more attacks every day. The truth is I have talked so much about this, I really don't feel like doing it again.

I advise you to check out camera.org It is an interesting site.

I'd be happy to see your response to what I had to say.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page