Ignorant JEWS

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Other Jewish Religious Topics: Ignorant JEWS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Jacob H. Bechtel IV (Papajake)

Monday, October 09, 2000 - 04:55 pm Click here to edit this post
Catch your eye? Good!
I am an IGNORANT Jew. (Look up the definition of that word.) I am a Jew by CHOICE, By PRAYER and by FAITH! So are my children!! There are less than 30 Jews in my town! We have only prayer and faith to sustain us! We need help! We are dying faster than we can teach G_ds will to our children. We lost 3 more men this year, we no longer have a minion. We have no scholars, no Rabis, no leaders. I am too ignorant to lead our people. We have only our faith to sustain us. The average age of our men is pushing 75. I pull weeds from the cemetary because no one else is available to do it. The people in this town look on us as enemies. My son refuses to leave and join his people in another location so long as I stay.
We need help and support! Rabis are our teachers. We have none. All we have is our faith. The faith G_d placed in our hearts. We won't surrender our faith. We are less than 30 in 30,000. Do our brothers and sisters remember us?
Talk to us, encourage us, sustain us, PLEASE.
Don't let the scholars be the only ones who talk to us! We need the love and help of our brothers and sisters!

Isaac Mavorah (Isaac)

Monday, October 23, 2000 - 03:33 pm Click here to edit this post
Don't despair. I am part of the first and only sepahardic minyan in riverdale,ny. Sometimes I have to recruit ashkenazim to join us so we can have a minyan. But my situation is different because at least I have a community of JEWS around me. G-D sees your pain and appreciates you efforts. Maybe you can recruit jews from neighboring cities who have a similar problem as yours in their town, if so coordinate a way to have them come to your city one shabbat and you go to them the next. May moshiach come soon and rescue us all from our long exile. If you ever need to just talk or want moral support please e-mail me and I will try to do what I can. Stay strong and keep your faith strong as well.
Isaac

Benjamin (Benjamin)

Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 07:18 pm Click here to edit this post
When I was in the old city of Jerusalem, I happened upon a place called the Chehebar Sephardic center (spelling may be off a little and I am sorry but I don't have the contact info). It seems to be a Yeshiva that trains and places Sephardic Rabbis all over the world. They had a map of the world on the wall with markings of all the cities where they placed Rabbis, some were located in very remote areas. Maybe they can help?

Ted Thomas Bock (Tedbock)

Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:52 pm Click here to edit this post
Will you accept a teacher now?

Jews, say together, "Today, I let love be my guiding principle!"

Say it in your mind, and then say, "Father, is there a teacher, such as Jacob, or Moses, who can teach me now!"

Say that in your head, and then try to say ever again, "I am an ignorant Jew."

writethevision (Writethevision)

Monday, November 22, 2004 - 01:35 pm Click here to edit this post
Say it in your mind, and then say, "Father, is there a teacher, such as Jacob, or Moses, who can teach me now!"

Ido not understand what you mean could please explain.were there not other teachers greater than moses?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page