I am in need of a Midrash on Exodus 1

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Other Jewish Religious Topics: I am in need of a Midrash on Exodus 1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Peter Kupfers (Pkupfers)

Saturday, July 08, 2000 - 05:06 pm Click here to edit this post
Hi:

I am in need of a Midrash on the story of Exodus 1 for a presentation I am doing in my university course. I have been unable to locate a midrash on the first chapter of Exodus. I am especially looking for a midrash from the perspective of Puah and the other midwife. Is there anyone who can offer assistance in this regard?

Thank you

Peter

pkupfers@primus.ca

Jacob H. Bechtel IV (Papajake)

Monday, October 09, 2000 - 04:26 pm Click here to edit this post
Peter, If you are not aware, you can search the net in Israel - if a Midrash is available you will find.

salman haim (Haim)

Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 03:41 am Click here to edit this post
dear peter
I am ready to give you any Midrash you need just explain in simple words exactly what you are looking for.
I live in jerusalem Israel and my e-mail is:
uz12@barak-online.net
answer soon
Haim Salman

Abraham Mitsarfat (Abraham)

Monday, November 25, 2002 - 07:21 am Click here to edit this post
Greetings Peter and Salman

Dear Peter, is your offer also available for me? Because I'm also interested. In France, where I live, it is very hard to find Jewish litterature, essentially in my small hometown.

Insofar, there's only one part of the Midrash that's been edited; the first 30 chapters of "Berechit Raba". They promised the sequel for almost two years, and I still wait. You can always find excerpts of the rest, but it's very poor.

Fortunately, I have found the "Pirqé of Rabbi Eliezer", it's a big piece of Rabbinic Litterature one mustn't miss.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page