MizraHi pizmonim

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Other Jewish Religious Topics: MizraHi pizmonim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

shimon (Shimon)

Wednesday, May 31, 2000 - 08:26 pm Click here to edit this post
Authentic MizraHi tunes can be found at babylonjewry and bsz websites, and of course the ta'amim for the shema are on this midrash.org website! (the original Iraqi ta'amim). But can anyone tell me where I can find other Iraqi, Syrian, and Yemenite pizmonim and niggunim? Are there CD's available? I have seen a few at commercial websites and I almost spent $40 on one the other day, but when I sampled it at the website I was dismayed to hear masiiHi organs. It was straight out of the kenisa! I would be very happy to get information on the subject. Thanks alot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

abdulsamad salum awad ben awam (Salom)

Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 08:59 am Click here to edit this post
I AM TRYING VERY HARD TO TRACE MY ANCESTORS,I AM DESCENDANTS OF THE TRIBES THAT LIVED IN MEDINA,THE PROBLEM IS THAT MOST OF OUR HISTORY HAS BEEN LOST AND THE REMAINING ELDERS IN OUR FAMILY HVE PASSED AWAY,OUR GREAT GRANDFATHERS MIGRATED TO EAST AFRICA,TANZANIA,AND THERE IS NO JEWISH COMMUNITY IN THIS COUNTRY SO ITS HARD TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page