Talking in Beth Kenesseth

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Other Jewish Religious Topics: Talking in Beth Kenesseth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Abba Kuyenov (Abbakohen)

Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 10:04 am Click here to edit this post
Everyone, you should be careful not to speak in the Beth Keneseth (?!shul!?) even when there are no services.

Ilan (Sephardiboy)

Thursday, August 10, 2000 - 11:06 pm Click here to edit this post
Abba my good friend, you are absolutely right about not talking at a BETH KENESETH at all times! Though what is that thing you wrote in parenthesis?

Dave Daven (Daven)

Sunday, December 17, 2000 - 05:48 pm Click here to edit this post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking in shul. How else are you supposed to express yourself?

ephraim (Ephl)

Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 04:59 pm Click here to edit this post
Dave Daven, I suppose you mean there is nothing wrong with talking to Hashem in the Beth Kenesseth. That is supposed to be the idea.

I doubt you mean talking to friends.

Eli Cohen (Rebmaster)

Tuesday, May 08, 2001 - 10:03 am Click here to edit this post
In a Bet Keneset (Kenisa, synagogue, Shul)one is NOT allowed to talk about mundane matter (Dibrei Hol. Bet Keneset is for praying ONLY. Praying means reading the TEFILOTH from a SIDDUR and listening to reading of the TORA. Also the Bet Keneset is for listening to Derashot and learning Tora. Bet Kenest in NOT a social hall to talk to your friends and family. ALL the Rabbanim agree (sefaradi, Ashkenazi, Hasidic). Lehavdil, see how the Moslems and others behave in their synagogues, NOT A SOUND except for PRAYERS. Talking in the Bet Keneset is a very great sin.

Haim salman (Haimsalman)

Wednesday, May 09, 2001 - 10:51 pm Click here to edit this post
Dear Eli
you are right! The Gemara says that the Shekhina comes first into the Beth Kenesseth. so a man must behave as if (Lehabdil) he is entering the castle of a great king. Would he dare to talk then??

Matthew (Mumbarge)

Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 12:21 pm Click here to edit this post
Dear friends,

I am a Christian, studying the Tanak in Israel, hoping to uncover some of the Jewish roots of my faith. Your statements on this subject are very inspiring to me. We Christians all too often treat our places of worship as though they were a club or something. It is an awesome thought to consider that the very glory of God comes into our midst, and He is certainly deserving of our awe. I've learned something from you today.

shimon (Shimisports)

Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 05:14 pm Click here to edit this post
There is a good reason why we should not talk
about mondain things in Beit Haknesset.
First we need to understand what we are doing there? what are the prayers and what is their function.First I like to ask has any one seen a surgery room during an operation? is everyone babeling away during the operation? NO. You only hear the surgeon giving orders to the nurses
withregard to the tools he needs,otherwise it is silent. The same thing happens in Beit haknesset.
God created the universe using the hebrew letters.
The hebrew letters have intrinsic values they are tools. When we read the Tefilot and especially the TORA we are performing surgery on the cosmos,
we are ridding the cosmos from negativity and drawing down the light of HASHEM to fulfil our phisical and spiritual needs. Hence, talking during the prayer service interfears with the transmission of the vibes of the letters.It is like computer codes, if they don't reach their destination you don't get an answer.Therefore it is important not to talk Divrey hevel during prayers so we can complete our tikun and bring MASHIAH bimhera beyamenu amen.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page