Judiasm in the Public Schools

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Other Jewish Religious Topics: Judiasm in the Public Schools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Debbie123 (Debbie123)

Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 11:26 am Click here to edit this post
I am a Jewish Parent in need of advice. We live in an area with not many Jewish people. My children attend Hebrew school and we belong to the local temple. Our public school insisted on having Santa visit during December and the school was decorated with wreaths, santas, etc.. We did mange, after much discussion to have a menorah placed near the Xmas tree, but I was not really happy with that either. My son was forced to color pictures of Santa and brought home Xmas art projects which had no place in our home. I spoke to the school with several other parents and they said that all this Xmas stuff has been ruled "secular" by the supreme court. It has been a stressful month for my youngest son and Easter is coming up soon. Any advice?

tamid (Tamid)

Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 09:32 pm Click here to edit this post
make alia. and you finish with all the problems i wrote another for you but i don't know what happen . came to Israel, here you can be an autentic jew , is not difficult, sometimes hashem send us the problems to show us a different way in our life, make a change, and be happy b"h. i will be very glad to help you with all the information that you need.

tamid (Tamid)

Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 09:18 pm Click here to edit this post
B"H

I'm sorry for you and for your kids, is very sad and you need to be very becarefull because of course they know they are jews, but the goim lifestyle star to be a rutine around the years for the kids, they need to have a strong personality and this is coming from their house. My question is: could the school do this things? Anyway if you talk about this with the school or with any organization for education, after this of course will be difficult for your kids there I think you need to move. I understand is not easy but I made it twice and in the second I made alia, include lost or change the job and I solt the house and all.but here is life autentic life. In israel we don't have this problem, have you ever thought to make alia? Sounds difficult, but isn't it. Is great and here there's not problems. You and your family can be in a real jewish life. Sometimes hashem put in our life somethings that we see like difficults but is only to show us a different way. Could you imagine your kids and your family, living the our holydays in israel? Here we really don't know when is xmas, we use a different calender and we don't care. Think... good luck shalom shalom

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page