Time for a Change

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Other Jewish Religious Topics: Time for a Change
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Avraham Solomon (Avdog316)

Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 03:33 pm Click here to edit this post
Shalom,
I would just like to comment on the welfare of the Jewish nation. It is my opinion that many Jews have either abandoned or comprimised the Jewish faith, which began with Moshe Mendelssohn creating Reform Judaism in hopes of ending Christian persecution of Jews. The Torah says that the laws and teachings of the Torah are eternal and binding to all Jews. Any Jew who violates Shabbath is doing a great evil unless it's for a life and death matter. I don't even understand why some Jews find it hard to keep Kosher. It's seems that some Jews are just being lazy with the laws. The Torah foretells 2 futures. The observant Jew will be greatly blessed and have a tremendous share in the Olam-Haba. The non-Observant Jew will bring suffering upon himself and depending on how much he strays from the Torah will decide if he might lose his share in the Olam-Haba. I plead with Reformed and Conservative Jews to become more observant.
One group have their hearts in the right place, but have a tendency to cross the line. Their idea of mashiach is almost as crazy as the idea of the Nazarene being Mashiach.
it has come to my attention that some sects of Judaism have come to hate other sects. Now I know my letter seems to be an example of that, but the Torah says to love all Jews and I do. The only reason I critisize these sects is because I deem them a danger to the nation of Israel's spiritual strength.
The Jews must remember that united we stand, divided we fall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Jacob Oslick (Seferkoheleth)

Monday, September 30, 2002 - 12:38 am Click here to edit this post
Do not slander Moses Mendelsohn. He was a Torah-observant Jew his entire life. More accurately, Moses Mendelsohn was the "founder" of Modern Ashkenazi Orthodoxy of the type instructed at Yeshiva University. He did not "found" Reform Judaism, in any way.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page