Where to Live

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Jewish Singles: Where to Live
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

Adaya (Adaya7)

Thursday, April 12, 2001 - 07:39 am Click here to edit this post
Shalom. I am a 28-year old single, Torah-observant, Sephardic woman who is looking for a great Sephardic community to move into where there is a good mix of both singles and families. Some say Brooklyn, some say Queens, and some say Great Neck, but I have also heard that I won't meet a shidduch in any of those places. Is this true? Where do the singles live? Todah.

Haim salman (Haimsalman)

Sunday, April 15, 2001 - 10:37 pm Click here to edit this post
dear Adaya
why you don't move to Israel?? this is the best place to find what you are looking. many Jews singles and families speaking the Lashon Hakodesh.
I am ready to help you in the first steps here.
by the way, aren't you a member of the great family Hadaya?
Haim Salman
Yerushalayim Ir Hakkodesh

Adaya (Adaya7)

Monday, April 16, 2001 - 06:55 am Click here to edit this post
Actually Haim, I was thinking about making aliyah in about six months. I am beginning ulpan classes this week, and I am in the process of saving. What parts of Israel do you suggest? When I was there, I fell in love with Netanya and the areas along the Mediterranean. How are the communities in that region? How are the job opportunities?

Unfortunately, I am not a member of the Hadaya family, although they sound like great people. Adaya is my Hebrew name. Thank you for your response.
Adaya

HAIM (Life)

Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 04:26 pm Click here to edit this post
Adaya, I have no suggestions, though I hope you succeed be it in th U.S. or Israel. Take care.

joemen (Joemen)

Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 05:41 am Click here to edit this post
Hi Adaya,

Or should I say Bonjour Adaya,

if you have not moved yet, how about Quebec, Canada?

Zissi Taubenfeld (Sgt)

Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 08:32 pm Click here to edit this post
Hi Hayim and Adaya,
My name is Zissi and I agree with Hayim. I am a 24 year old single Ashkenazi female. I also believe one should make aliyah. Israel is our homeland no matter what happens.

Rachel Goldberg (Butterfly)

Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 09:33 pm Click here to edit this post
My name is Rachel and I am 25 years old. I wish to go to Israel this year and was wondering if anyone who has been recently (or living there now), could give me an idea of what the situation is like and where would be the safest places for me to stay. I want to see as much of the land as possible. I have 4 weeks' vacation.

Hannah (Hannah)

Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 09:57 am Click here to edit this post
adaya-

please forgive me, I am a gentile going through conversion, also single and 25, but I am interested-what is aliyah and Ulpan?

Blessings-
Hannah

hamid mesafir (Issac)

Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 05:14 am Click here to edit this post
does israel accept a 50 years old professor of microbiology to work in it?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page