The many Religous Groups in Israel

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Jewish Current Events: The many Religous Groups in Israel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

david (Dave)

Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:24 pm Click here to edit this post
As I have been analyzing the daily life of the Jews in Israel, I have come to realize that there are so many different sects despite the fact that we all follow the same Torah.

With in the orthodox community alone we have 3 different political parties: Shas for Sefardim, UTJ for Non zionist Ashkenazim, and NRP for the religous Zionists..

Then we have the Eidah hachareidis which is against any political affiliation, and even more extreme than them is the Neturei Karta whom everyone opposes.

I wonder if anyone knows which one of these groups does the rabbi of this congregation, the Midrash, follow? Does he follow the positions of the Shas party or is he a sefardi that follows UTJ, NRP, or any of the others ( I hope not Neturei Karta).

I am interested to know his position because I very much enjoy his lectures. I recently heard his lecture on Spirituality...It was quite interesting.

I wonder what spiritual leader the rabbi (hacham) follows...Is it Rabbi Ovadia Yosef or is it Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu, etc..

Thank you so much for the help.

May hashem unite us with the coming of Mashiach, Amen.

alan s (Alan)

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 04:08 pm Click here to edit this post
First of all, I'd like to say that I too enjoy the Rabbi's lectures, and I would also like to know which sect the midrash follows.

So if anyone knows please tell us. Plus, if the Rabbi himself is reading this, Please let us in on your opinion. We'd really appreciate it.

I would venture to say that the Midrash follows the Shas party but I have my doubts on that for several reasons...
so please keep us posted.
thanks

Moshe_J (Moshe)

Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 06:16 pm Click here to edit this post
The Midrash is non-political. In Torah Hashqafah and Halakhah it follows the Hakham, Rabbi Ya'aqob Menashe, Hy"w. He, in turn, follows the teachings of Hakham Yoseph Hayyim 'a"h, author of Ben Ish Hai.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page