Rav Ovadia Yossefs threatened again

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Jewish Current Events: Rav Ovadia Yossefs threatened again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

HAIM (Life)

Wednesday, April 18, 2001 - 01:42 pm Click here to edit this post
Jordanian businessmen have reportedly hired a hit man to assasinate Moreinu Rav Ovadia. This is the second threat the Rav has recieved in recent months. The threat came after the Rav was quoted saying that Israel should "annihalate Arab terrorists". the Rav specifically clarified that he was only refering to Arab terrorists and not the entire Arab world. What do you have to say about this? I would like to hear. I wish you all the best.

Springy (Springboard)

Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:51 am Click here to edit this post
Haim,

I think that Shlomo Benziri, a senior member of Shas & the Labor Minister summed it up appropriately.

He said that the threats will not prevent Rab Yosef from carrying on his duties as usual and that "Lo Yanum WeloYishan Shomer Yisrael" (The Protector of Israel [G-d] will neither slumber nor sleep).

David Sassoon (Desassoon)

Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 07:29 pm Click here to edit this post
We religious Jews realise that we are judged differently - according to higher expectations. What Rav Ovadia said was completely non-comparable to thousands upon thousands of Muslim clerics who call for the murder of all Jews wherever they live; and yet Rav Ovadia is critisized for his views.
We live in a completely upside world - a world of sheker.
I live outside of the US which is a fairly pro-Israel country. Here we hear anti-Israel and anti-Jewish propoganda on a daily basis.
We need to believe in our country Israel, and in ourselves, and have faith in Hashem. The Truth will prevail

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page