Purim

'The Midrash BEN ISH HAI Message and Discussion Area': Jewish Holidays: Purim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  

ephraim (Ephl)

Sunday, March 04, 2001 - 09:36 pm Click here to edit this post
First I'm glad this board is back.

Secondly, I was wondering if someone could tell me how Purim is celebrated in Yerushalayim when Shushan Purim is on Shabbat.

Haim salman (Haimsalman)

Monday, March 05, 2001 - 11:33 pm Click here to edit this post
dear Efraim
I am happy to let you know about Shushan Purim in Yerushalayim since I live In Yerushalayim:
well this Purim is called Purim Meshullash because we devide the 6 Miswoth of the Purim into three days. On friday we do Keri'at Megilla and Mattanot La'ebyonim because reading the Megilla on Shabbat is not allowed. and the poor people are waiting for the Mattanot to prepare for the holiday.
now on Shabbat we do the Keriat "Wayyabo Amalek" and Al Hannissim and on Sunday we do the Seudath Purim and the Mishloh Manot Ish Lere'ehu.
about Al Hannissim in Birkat Hammazon there is Mahloket so we don't say Al Hannissim in the regular place (Nodey Lecka) but in Harahman where we usally remind Rosh Hodesh, Moed etc.
I hope you have now some details about this special Purim in Yerushalayim
Purim Sameh to you and to all Yisrael Ba'asher Hem
Haim Salman

salman haim (Salhaim)

Monday, January 03, 2005 - 11:17 am Click here to edit this post
well this year Purim 2005 will be Purim Meshulash.
since you cannot read Megilla on Saturday so here in Jerusalem we will read the Megilla as all the world on friday after the feast.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion. If you haven't already done so, click the 'Register' button on the left.
Username:  
Password:

Return to Message and Discussion Area
Midrash BEN ISH HAI home page